Years of Experience Summary
3 – 5 years of work experience in
- Roles such as Technical Product Management, Technical Customer Support with ability to identify, perform root cause analysis, and solve complex product issues is required.
- Network & Infrastructure Security market-scape focused on Intrusion Detection using Machine Learning and AI [preferred].
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our engineering product team and have a direct impact on our roadmap. In this role, you will own one or more of the product areas and lead the technical design of solutions on client’s products. You will help us meet the requirements of our rapidly growing customer base and be game changers in the security space.
Are you a product manager looking to expand your scope to take on cybersecurity challenges?
Are you a technical customer support, customer experience engineer looking to change?
Do you have experience working directly with core engineering teams as well as exposure to field teams such as sales engineering, implementation, customer experience and customer support in other cybersecurity organizations?
If you answered, yes to anyone of the above, this is the role for YOU!
This role consists of both inbound Product Management responsibilities – working with internal cross functional teams to build and enhance products – as well as limited outbound responsibilities, interacting with customers and supporting sales.
- End-to-end product lifecycle management from planning to tactical activities.
- Lead strong cross-team collaboration to align teams around common goals, plan releases, deliver releases and a roadmap. On any given day you will interface with partners in Engineering, Design, PMO, Operations, Finance, and Supply Chain, among others.
- Define, document and prioritize technical requirements based on market research and customer feedback.
- Lead feature prioritization and tradeoff decision making in collaboration with Product Managers and business stakeholders
- Partner with engineering to define requirements, develop functional specifications, and estimate delivery timelines
- Be able to balance business and user needs with technical constraints – discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative approaches, and lead and inspire engineering efforts to meet objectives.
- Coordinate and drive roadmap prioritization and tradeoffs; working closely with PM lead, other PMs, customer support, threat researchers, engineering team, and delivery team to deliver the right capabilities at the right time to defeat the adversary.
- Broker and facilitate product decisions cross-functionally. Drive engineering team and deliver high-quality product
- Collaborate with Engineering, QA and other Product Managers on development activities.
- Develop processes to improve the way that products get planned, built, supported, maintained, and improved.
- Assist in the quality assurance and acceptance testing process.
- Work with Support, Delivery, and Sales teams supporting the sale and deployment of product and features in beta and production.
- Act as the Product Owner in an Agile Scrum environment.
- 3-5+ years of technical product management or technical customer experience with successful products/services; 2-4+ in cybersecurity industry is preferred.
- Ability to think ahead, identifying potential problems before they manifest and turn them into opportunities whenever possible.
- Demonstrated ability to understand business strategy and synthesize into experience concepts that are magic for customers but also good for the business.
- Product Strategy: take a problem statement, find the +1 opportunity, socialize concepts to sharpen your thinking, present vision and earn buy-in for new ideas and approaches.
- Execution: break the work down into phases, drive product development, ship experiences, study them & iterate.
- Strong desire to build world-class technology and take ownership of the full product life cycle
- Hands on experience with Network & Infrastructure security products focused on Intrusion Detection using Machine Learning and AI
- Hands on experience with working with products that use Supervised Machine Learning technology for intrusion detection
- Experience in network and/or host security with a background in intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, malware analysis, incident response, forensics, sandboxing technology, antivirus, or related technologies.
- Ability to identify, design, and implement technologies to solve security challenges in areas such as malware detection and analysis, intrusion prevention, malicious behavior detection, and network/host signature development.
- Enthusiasm for solving problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant coursework.
- Past experience deploying/managing/troubleshooting deployed network security appliances
As a .NET developer, you are expected to work on a desktop as well as cloud based multi-tenant application for one of our US based customers. You will be responsible to migrate a VB6 product to a SAAS based C# solution. You will understand the product & migrate it to C# by applying the most appropriate solution/design. Apart from migrating the application, you will also be responsible for maintaining the quality of work by thorough testing. You will also get the opportunity to implement new features.
Skills & Experience:
- Good understanding of the architecture of an on-premise system & a Saas based system.
- Good to have knowledge on the manufacturing & finance based ERP system.
- Should have knowledge in working on the software architecture where both front end & backend are involved.
- Knowledge on Azure for hosting & maintaining & deploying a cloud based solution is necessary.
- Should be able to apply the object oriented concepts & appropriate design patterns where ever necessary.
- Should be able to write a clean code & participate in code reviews.
- Should have good communication skills in order to deal with the US based customer on their issues and requirements.
- Good to have knowledge on using the MSSQL & its associated database concepts.
- Good to have knowledge on VB6 & how the applications are maintained in VB6.
- Good to have knowledge on stimulsoft report generating tool.
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent
combination of education and experience
- Hands on experience in C#, .Net , and C/C++
- Object oriented design and programming
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- SQL Scripting
Nice To Have:
- Hands on experience in .Net Core
- Design patterns
- Mac OSX Development
- Multi-threaded programming
- Knowledge of Angular JS
- Knowledge of Automation with Python and Selenium or similar
- Knowledge of Micro Services on AWS
- Knowledge of Docker & Kubernetes
Development Operations Specialists aid the R&D team by supporting the management and deployment of on-premise software products. As developers generate software packages encompassing new features, improvements and bug fixes, development operations specialists manage infrastructure resources and scaling of software components to meet evolving capacity needs for the entire software development lifecycle. They also participate in the design and implementation of platform resources for our products.
- Designing and implementing software build, packaging and deployment methods
- Selecting automated tooling to facilitate implementing, building, delivering and upgrading of software
- Setting up automated manufacturing, deployment and configuration of BluVector products
- Ensuring security best practices are followed within business guidelines
Required Skills and Experience
- 1-4 years of experience as a DevOps engineer
- Experience developing development operations platforms in support of a development team and the software development lifecycle
- Strong Linux system administration skills
- Experience with Python, Java, and C++ languages and build frameworks (ex., Python:PIP/Setup tools, Java:Maven, C/C++:Make)
- Experience with KVM/ESX virtual environments
- Experience with containerization systems (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with RedHat Package Manager (RPM), Yum, Git, Ansible, and Jenkins
- Experience deploying applications to cloud micro service architectures (AWS, OpenShift, Azure, etc.)
Preferred Skills and Experience
BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field (3 years work experience in place of degree)
Software Engineer in Test/Test Engineer work within software development agile teams to ensure software is designed and implemented for testability. They write automated unit, component and system tests to ensure code quality and detect regressions early in the development cycle. They are responsible for accurate test execution documentation. They also maintain the integration and test frameworks used by multiple development teams. They must be able to support a fast-paced agile software release process for one of Convergent’s cybersecurity customers.
- Develop software to perform unit, component and system testing
- Develop and maintain test execution and tracking software
- Contribute towards architecture designs providing feedback on testability
- Decompose user stories into tasks and estimate story points for user stories and tasks
- Perform manual tests as required
- Experience in test design and implementation
- Experience in release management
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Linux systems (CentOS and RHEL preferred)
- Experience with automation tools and frameworks (unittest, Jenkins, Selenium)
- Experience with Linux BASH scripting and administration
- Works and communicates well in a distributed/remote team environment
- Experience with Git and Ansible
- Experience with RedHat Package Manager (RPM) and yum repositories
- Experience testing applications and deploying them to cloud micro service architectures (AWS, OpenShift, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with Django based full stack web development
- Experience testing web application frontends (React preferred)
- Familiarity with KVM/ESX virtual environments
We are looking for a Python Developer to join our engineering team and help us develop and maintain various software products. Your responsibilities include understanding the product very well and lead the integration of this product into architecture.
To be successful in this role, you should have the strong technical knowledge and solid experience of all steps of the software engineering process and the tools associated with those. You should be a go-getter, a clear communicator, and a strong collaborator who works well in a team as well as the customer. You should want to do high-quality work and produce output that you are proud of.
- Good understanding of Python especially should have used file/directory access, data persistence, compression and archiving, cryptographic services, concurrent operations, networking and IPC, developmental tools etc.
- Good understanding of key differences in Python 2 vs 3
- Knowledge of lib2to3, six, python-future libraries. Compatibility idioms provided by these libs and their limitations, issues in using them as is.
- Knowledge of Python3 changes in data types especially str, bytes in Py3 vs str, Unicode in Py2. Should be able to gauge, understand the impact of this on data in transit/data at rest in a large project.
- Knowledge of using C extensions in Python code, modifying to run with Python3, Python 2-3 compatibility.
- Experience working with large python codebase.
- Working knowledge of mysql, Python ORM like sqlobject.
- Working knowledge of Common third party modules like cherrypy, falcon, gunicorn, etc.
- Good experience with basic python, no django/flask needed
- Some code needs to run in Python 2, some in Python 3 and some in compatibility mode
- Good experience in ORM, marshalling, networking
- Need candidates having Understanding of basic data types, extensions of python
- Data type conversion and networking is important
- Internals of Python are important