Skills required for the role:
- Knowledge /experience in Node Js.
- Knowledge and understanding of Event Loop architecture.
- Knowledge and understanding of promises and await.
- Knowledge and understanding of Request, Axios, proficiency in REST-ful APIs.
- Experience in version control tool Git
Knowledge or willingness to learn:
- Knowledge /experience in Erlang or willing to learn.
- Experience working with Docker, AWS Lambda (or equivalent), and Serverless capabilities(AWS SAM)
- Knowledge on Hosting in at least one cloud Platform(ex: AWS, Azure, gcp etc.). Preferably AWS
- Experience in doing third party api integration along with exploring configuration options of third party software to provide the best integration solution.
- Experience in unit testing library eg Chai, Mocha, Sinon etc
- Knowledge of data structures and Algorithms, Node Global variables and In-built libraries
- Experience in designing and building large-scale, high availability, secure web applications and REST-ful API using Node.js in an agile methodology.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Knowledge of Software development tools like Jira.
- Train and bring new employees up to speed on the project through a structured process
- Guide and mentor the team engineers on technical issues and blockers
- Assign and track tasks to engineers
- Do code reviews as necessary
- Gauge progress of various projects
- Communicate effectively with customers
- Help translate customer expectations clearly for the team and follow through with them
- Create reports to give updates on projects
Qualifications: 8-12 yrs experience
- Expert-level Java hands-on development + knowledge of at least 1 more programming language (Python / Frontend language / C#)
- Good database knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Logical and structured thinking
- Ability to work with multiple global teams
- Effective time management skills
- Motivated and self-driven